The Strategic Advisory Board will consist of maximum 10 members: eminent and relevant scholars, experts, and policy makers (some of them from the Associated Members and most of them unrelated to the full Partners). It is established by the Steering Committee.
The Board will:
- Contribute to the yearly selection of research themes. The Board can define ‘priority themes for which topics are requested’.
- Establish and maintain the links between FUSION-DC and industry.
- Propose research-related activities (e.g. internships) in industry.
- Help the Consortium to evaluate the results of QA mechanisms.
- Assist in developing sustainability plans.
Chair: Sergio Orlandi (ITER IO)
Dr. Jonathan Farthing, former TRASYS, independent consultant
Dr.Ingeborg Hagenlocher, Kraftanlagen Heidelberg
Mr. Roberto Adinolfi, Ansaldo
2) Representative of partners
Robert Stieglitz, KIT
3) ITER representative
Sergio Orlandi, ITER, Chair
4) Academic representative of non-EU Associate members:
Jiangang Li, IPP Hefei, China
5) External academic members:
Steve Cowley, CCFE
William D'Haeseleer, KUL
6) in supporting role
Jean-Marie Noterdaeme, as coordinator and chair of SC
Jean Jacquinot, as chair of the scientific Board
Guido Van Oost, as former coordinator and former chair of SC
7) Honarary member:
Bernard Bigot, Director-General ITER IO